Student Health Care Plan
TKUSA works with We Speak Student to offer an affordable health insurance plan to all our full-time students.
Like most Universities, all full-time students are automatically enrolled each fall and your plan runs from September 1 – August 30 each academic year.
How Do I Access My Health Plan?
There are two ways to access the plan:
- For direct billing, use the following info at your healthcare provider if they accept ClaimSecure:
Group Number: 514055
Your Certificate Number: 00_ _ _ _ _ _ KU (00 your 6-digit student id followed by KU)
- If your Healthcare provider does not accept ClaimSecure, you will have to make a claim, view the video for claim actions and download the app to make claims easily throughout the course of your plan.
How Do I Submit A Plan?
Already have health insurance through work or a family member?
If you currently have alternative coverage, you may opt-out BEFORE September 30th each year and a refund will be issued by November. You must opt out each year.
To opt-out, you must provide proof of alternative insurance (besides Alberta Health Care) Opt Out online via the WeSpeak website by clicking the opt out tab and completing the application.
The health care fee for the 2023-24 year is $322.56
- September start students: September 1 – August 31
- January start students: January 1 – August 31
What is Covered?
- 90% co-insurance
- $10 dispensing fee
- MAX: $3000
- Basic & preventative: 70%
- Minor Resorative: 30%
- Extractions (limit 2 wisdom teeth): 30%
- Major Restorative: 20%
- MAX: $750
Extended Health Care:
- Vision: 100% coverage for a general eye exam, $150 for prescribed lenses and frames or contact lenses every 24 consecutive months.
- 80%, $35 per treatments
- MAX: $300
- MAX: $200
Can I add family members?
For an additional fee, you are able to add family members (spouse and/or dependents) to the plan. Visit www.wespeakstudent.com to complete the family application form by the required deadline. Please verify you have entered all information correctly, print & keep your confirmation number.
Can I coordinate benefits with another plan?
Benefits under two insurance plans can be co-ordinated to increase your coverage up to a total of 100%. For example, if you have other coverage in place following payment under this plan, you can submit outstanding balances to the other plan for consideration.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from our blog and our newsletter.